You have done it, you have finally landed. You have gotten and signed the offer letter and all the details have been worked out. With your start date all set all you can think about is your new job and finally putting the job search of the past several months as far behind you as possible. But there are still some loose ends to tie up. Here are some suggestions about how to wrap up your job search before you start your new job.
1. notify your references that you have accepted a job offer and thank them for their endorsement.
2. notify any recruiters that you are working with to remove your name from the candidate list.
3. send an email out to your network, notifying them of your new status, thanking them for their help in your search and providing them with updated contact information.
4. notify any employers that are still considering you for a position that you have landed.
5. update your LinkedIn status.
6. establish a plan to keep up your network once you return to work.
Starting a new job is very exciting but you have put in thousands of hours and met hundreds of people during your search. Letting people know you have landed is not only a professional courtesy, it is goes a long way with people in the event you ever need to reach out to them again in the future.